Welcome to the Official Website of the Town of Port Edwards WI.
This is where you will find official information about the townships business including Emergency Announcements, contacts, special notices and announcements, meeting information, meeting minutes and much more.
A Bit of History...
Port Edwards Township was organized on February 11, 1874 and reorganized in 1903. Named for the Village of Port Edwards, originally called Frenchtown due to the number of French Canadians living there. The name Port Edwards evidently dates to 1864 and is named after John Edwards Sr., who with Henry Clinton is supposed to have established a sawmill in Frenchtown around 1840. The Township of Port Edwards includes sees. 12, 13, and 19 - 36, T21N, R4E; all of T21N, RSE West of the Wisconsin River except for those sections included in the Village of Port Edwards and the City of Nekoosa (1); and sees. 32 - 34, T22N, RSE. Named for the Village of Port Edwards.
Town of Port Edwards Town Hall
2000 County Rd G
Port Edwards WI., 54457
Monthly meetings are held at the Town Hall. Please check the calendar for dates and times.